About this role
As Tax Manager you will be implementing a strategy across the region that minimizes corporate tax. You will handle the calculation and reporting of quarterly tax provisions, and submission of all direct and indirect tax returns. You will have the opportunity to streamline the regional tax department.
You'll bring a deep understanding of tax matters and a high degree of competence with managing global functional initiatives.
This is a staff role starting virtually, based out of offices in Houston, TX.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing the quarterly and year-end tax provision processes including the current and deferred provision calculations and effective tax rate analysis in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Assisting in the preparation/review of tax provision supporting work papers for regional consolidated financial statements.
- Managing and reviewing the federal corporate consolidated tax return.
- Reviewing non-consolidated corporate income tax returns, partnership returns, and various unitary and combined state income and franchise tax returns including related apportionment schedules.
Education & Experience
- Accounting Degree (Masters in Tax or Accounting strongly preferred)
- CPA designation preferred
- Experience in public accounting as well as in industry (Oil and Gas preferred)
- Prior experience must include at least 7 years corporate tax experience preparing/reviewing tax provisions and related compliance
- Extensive and deep knowledge of US GAAP tax accounting/compliance rules
- Strong technical FIN48 / FAS 5 background and skill set.
What about you?
You’ll have a self-motivated, hands-on proactive style and be able to manage a team. You’ll have excellent listening and communication skills, with compelling presentation abilities and an eye for detail.
Your resume should show how you:
- Are detail oriented and have strong problem-solving skills
- Have excellent decision-making skills and a strong management presence (mentoring and leadership skills)
- Are a strong and effective communicator
If you are self-motivated, driven, and motivated by sharing your passion for the company's solutions with your clients, then apply today. You will thrive in this role with our supportive financial team.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career to a managerial level.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Kyle Castillo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement