About this role
- Brunel Energy Australia have partnered with one of Australia’s leading Renewable Energy Majors to successfully recruit and place a Principal Drilling Specialist, to join the team to look after a complex and technically challenging HTHP Drilling Campaign;
- This is an exciting opportunity to get in at the ground level of a rapidly expanding, dynamic, global green energy business;
- This role will be responsible for forming the strategy and building the capability in Geothermal HPHT drilling;
- The successful candidate will assist with the strategic options assessment and costing for Well design and construction;
- This will include market and technology assessments, strategic operational planning, and safety design and management.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring assigned High Pressure, High Temperature (HPHT) drilling projects, with a focus on minimising capital and operating/maintenance costs within Geothermal energy projects and providing reliable inputs for cost modelling;
- Define optimum well design and construction for various typical operational reservoir targets;
- Drive study into drilling methods and technology development;
- Define HPHT drilling safety standards and procurement strategy;
- Market research into drilling contractors and support services.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field preferred;
- HPHT drilling licence or knowledge of requirements;
- Prior experience in high pressure and temperature drill planning and execution is essential;
- Experience specifically in Geothermal and oil and gas drilling preferred;
- Management of multiple drilling teams in a range of geographies preferred.
- Full time staff position, or contracting if preferred;
- Minimum 12-month contract;
- Greenfields opportunity;
- ASAP start;
- Awesome project & team.
Join the Brunel Family
- Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world;
- We Specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis;
- Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation;
- Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Abigail Aitken is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement