About this role
About this role
We’re hiring a top talent Plant Manager, for a Global and innovative Food company inOntario. This is an onsite position.
The Manufacturing Manager has overall accountability for the manufacturing plant with support of Plant Manager/Director. The position delivers on the annual operating plan, including safety, operating costs, quality, material yields, capital projects and organizational development to help ensure the plant business objectives are met.
- Manage overall operation of the plant to ensure that quantitative and qualitative measures included in the operating plan are met, including production scheduling, standard costs, cost reductions, productivity, continuous improvement, sanitation, consumer satisfaction, and capital/technology improvements.
- Provide leadership to plant management staff by hiring, reviewing performance and providing feedback, determining training and development needs, and providing coaching and work direction. Support managers and teams in attainment of objectives contained in the operating plan. Promote and enhance a positive team environment, including efforts to establish and maintain high levels of employee involvement and communication.
- Maintain a safe work environment by applying corporate health & safety programs focused on prevention, ensuring health and safety is a top priority, and meeting incident targets. Ensure that all accidents are investigated, a root cause determined, and corrective actions implemented, and programs (e.g. STOP, SafeStart, Peer to Peer, internal audits, ergonomic assessments) are updated and challenged to increase awareness and employee commitment to safety.
- Promote a focus on excellence in all manufacturing practices, including those required to support optimal quality, yield and cost containment, and minimal rework or downgrades. Monitor and communicate performance on an on-going basis to ensure production is focused on targets.
- Support the development, implementation and continuation of all quality assurance programs, including PQMS, HACCP and associated GMP. Participate in record and on-site verification, as well as annual review of all programs.
- Coordinate with other functions (e.g. Supply Chain, Sales, Customer Service, Finance) to maximize overall effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide regular financial and productivity reviews as required with corporate, local finance, management team and plant employees. Ensure plant-wide quarterly communications, providing all employees with key focus areas.
- University degree (Engineering, Science or MBA)
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a dairy or food processing or manufacturing environment including production planning, inventory control, quality; and continuous improvement
- Experience in financial measurement of plant performance and with union management relations
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and regulations (HACCP, Health and Safety, CFIA, TSSA), food industry, and food science
- Strong organizational, analytical, presentation skills, and problem solving
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), as well as business systems such as SAP
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Samer Soussou is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto