About this rolePiping Designer is accountable for producing and maintaining piping deliverables (including, but not limited to: drawings, BOMs, 3D models and sketches) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Lead Piping Designer/Engineer.
- The responsibilities of the Piping Designer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Assist in the design and layout activities on projects under the direction of a Lead Designer
- 3D modelling using PDMS/CADWorx for piping design of skid packages
- Draught & check detailed design drawings of piping systems & supports in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Prepare & check materials take-offs and bill of materials.
- Prepare 2D equipment layout, piping layout, general arrangement drawings, piping isometrics and detail drawings using Autocad
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
- Manage drawings and records to demonstrate procedural compliance with QA activities for internal reviews
- Establish good working relationships and communication with discipline leads, department managers and clients.
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Diploma in Mechanical engineering from an accredited university or equivalent
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector.
- Should have basic piping design knowledge for Process equipment like Separators, Columns, Exchangers, Fin fan coolers used in Oil & Gas projects.
- Piping design experience related to Process skids and packages for upstream/midstream projects would be preferred
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of AutoCAD/Microstation 2D
- Ability to demonstration 3D Modelling experience using PDMS/ CADWorx
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements
- Must have good working knowledge of piping codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI etc…)
- Display a working knowledge of industry standard drafting practices
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
- Vacancy number: PUB254994
- Location: Chennai
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 45
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, March 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Piping Designer - Tamil Nadu
Confirmation sent to