About this role
- Work closely with maintenance Ready for Operations (RFO) team to perform SAP master data creation and modification for new oil and gas facilities. received from business projects, operations, maintenance and engineering departments, and external vendor service companies.
- Complete work tickets assigned to you through the SAP notification process according to the priority and timelines outlined. The work is related to the creation or modification of SAP master data and is requested by business projects, operations, maintenance and engineering departments, and external vendor service companies.
- Verify data and document accuracy with SAP data and investigate discrepancies before changing SAP master data details. Documents include calibrations, assessments, inspections, service reports, audits, etc.
- Perform document management duties including review, verification, and acceptance of documents before being scanned or uploaded to document management system.
- Audit and cleanse SAP master data according to standards to improve data integrity.
- Coach and mentor team members in an effective manner to ensure knowledge is transferred and skills are shared throughout the team. Create and maintain procedures specific to this position.
- Responsible to actively develop skills and knowledge of SAP and other business applications to improve the team's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide coverage during absences of SAP Master Data team members.
- Responsible to regularly communication with all business partners and maintain accurate information on the teams SharePoint site.
- Business/Technical diploma and/or equivalent training and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive administrative and/or technical experience in the petroleum industry
- Proficient in the use of a database software such as SAP, Maximo, JD Edwards or similar
- Experienced in the use of email, preferably Outlook
- Experienced in the use of digital spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF
- Experience communicating with others in a collaborative manner
- Exposure to industrial equipment in a technical capacity and terminology
- Exposure to equipment manufacturers, engineering or trades personnel in a technical capacity
- Experience interpreting engineered documents such as P&IDs
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB256117
- Location: Lloydminster
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Monday, April 13, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Master Data Technician - Saskatchewan
Confirmation sent to