About this role
On behalf of our client, a High Profile Mining Group, Brunel are seeking a skilled Materials Management Officer located at their mine-site located in the Pilbara. This purpose of this role is to ensure effective and consistent supervision of materials management and control of logistics delivery for the Project.
- FIFO 2:1 roster from Perth;
- 12 month contract (with a possible view to extend);
- Material tracking system – Track’em.
- This role will be responsible for the implementation and site compliance with the electronic material tracking system - “Track’em”;
- Interfacing with Project stakeholders (site construction teams, Service Provider, Perth based team) to execute operational logistics plans for “free issue” equipment, modules and materials items to meet project schedule deadlines;
- Liaison with site to ensure freight laydown and storage facilities are effectively and safely managed;
- Oversight and supervision of the maintenance of information status contained in the Track’em system;
- Ensure effective and accurate communication is maintained with the aim of assuring the efficient flow of delivery of equipment, modules and materials and the minimisation of cost and schedule risk;
- Ensure the timely, effective and efficient delivery of “free issue” equipment to designated places of delivery in full compliance with Government legislative and regulatory requirements and Project Safety and Quality Systems;
- Ensure site handling, storage and transportation of project cargo is in accordance with project insurance requirements;
- Development of execution schedules and schedule recovery/acceleration programs, where required;
- Execute materials control activities on-site delivered freight and modules for storage and issue to SMP contractors;
- Liaise with equipment preservation contractors to facilitate site preservation of delivered equipment;
- Recommend and implement project logistics expediting processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Project Material Control & Logistics experience with an emphasis on meeting project schedule dates and strong organisation and administration skills;
- Knowledge of freight logistics processes, and in particular, materials receipt and handling, condition reporting, storage and laydown and issue for construction, including documentation requirements;
- Familiarity with electronic material tracking systems, in particular, previous experience with implementation and site compliance using “Track’em”;
- Familiarity with remote site construction operations and related materials control interfaces;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel;
- Team oriented - confident communication skills are ‘key’ to this role;
- A passion for project logistics and materials control with a can do attitude and the ability to react positively to deadlines;
- Self-starter with a will to deliver and a positive approach to challenges and problem solving.
Join the Brunel Family
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role – please apply directly using the ‘Apply’ button or contact with Mandy Hobbs on 9429 5676 or email me a copy of your CV through to email@example.com
Brunel values diversity and encourages applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and minority group candidates.
Brunel Australasia is a market leader in the supply of highly skilled white and blue-collar personnel for full site manning, temporary labour provision, staffing and recruitment to the resource industry;
Operating locally since 2001 and backed by an international network spanning 35 countries, we pair talented individuals with industry leading clients and work closely with both clients and the industry at large to ensure the safety, financial security and stability of the candidates we place.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mandy Hobbs is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement