About this role
We’re hiring a TA Cost Controller for our client, a large Petrochemical company, to join their team. This is an 18 month contract with long-term potential.
- Budget management:
- budget development at each phase of the turnaround as per current standards and guidelines.
- manage cash flow and report actual vs. planned expenditures as per the established schedule (monthly, weekly, and daily during execution).
- assess all aspects of turnaround costs across the life of the turnaround, including actual, committed, and forecasted costs.
- Responsible for specific Turnaround event budgets and forecasting in support of the Event Manager
- Create and manage work orders and purchase orders for turnaround overheads
- Create and manage work orders and purchase orders for turnaround overheads.
- Effective management of invoices and timesheets to allow accurate forecasting.
- Manage a transparent process of allocation of appropriate turnaround costs to capital projects, as per existing guidelines.
- Act as a resource for time entry questions and provide guidance to the cost control support role
- Provide overall coordination for the client and contractor personnel to ensure timely and accurate reporting of labour costs.
- Certified cost professional through AACE (Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering) or working towards certification, or supporting diploma or degree, or combination of education and related experience.
- 4 – 7 years in a similar position
- Expertise in SAP modules Project Systems and Maintenance Planner.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of other MS Office software.
- Understanding of plant organization and project management.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize data in a high activity environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact within different levels of business and plant personnel, both internally and externally.
- Ability to act independently within guidelines of strategies and procedures contained in the turnaround manual.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary