About this role
Brunel has an exciting job
opportunity for a Construction Superintendent – Major Shutdown Projects working
with our client who are a large global mining company. This is a permanent position
based in Labrador City, NL.
- We are looking for Construction Superintendent within an established Engineering team to deliver business improvement projects during established operational outages (shutdowns). With an assigned Project Manager and a unique project team, Construction Superintendent is responsible to oversee all phases of a construction project from initial planning through to handover to Operations;
- This is a great opportunity for an experienced Professional to ensure Mining assets are installed, commissioned and optimized to deliver the “best for business” outcome;
- The Construction Superintendent functionally reports directly to the site Manager Construction - Engineering. You will be regularly setting expectations & overseeing; site safety, sequence of work, constructability reviews, engineering designs, field installations, productivity, schedule, quality, trades contractors while coordinating with suppliers, engineering and operations by :
- Trades Certificate/Red Seal Journeyperson, Technology Diploma or Bachelor Degree Engineering;
- Minimum of 10 years construction leadership experience;
- Primary language: English;
- A strong safety commitment and advocacy;
- Commercial acumen commensurate with role requirements;
- Strong problem solving, strategic and analytical capability;
- Effective and authoritative communication with coaching skills;
- Effective time management and personal organizational skills;
- Demonstrate an open minded genuine curiosity towards understanding the needs of business and the impact of applied solutions;
- Proven stakeholder management experience.
Why apply through Brunel?
Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job;
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Join the Brunel Family
Large global mining company.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Logan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement