About this role
- Prepare and produce 2D and 3D AutoCAD layouts of Electrical systems in BIM/CAD, in conjunction with provided architectural and structural models.
- Ability to work in Revit and CAD to produce required 3D coordinated model.
- Knowledge of electrical code and constructability of electrical services on site.
- Pre-Fabrication of Electrical components in the fabrication shop for install on site.
- Able to meet the assigned schedule deadlines for onsite install.
- Follow BIM, REVIT and CAD standards; producing procedures and guidelines.
- Conduct routine quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure adherence to established standards.
- Create, document and communicate BIM/CAD best practices.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- 5+ years’ experience in CAD Design.
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, or a diploma in a CAD design. program (i.e. Design, Drafting, etc.)
- Certifications in AutoCAD is preferred.
- Technical aptitude with a background in; AutoCAD, CADmep, RevitMEP, NavisWorks.
- Strong background in Revit required.
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, schedules, etc.
- Strong time management skills with a focus on multiple hard deadlines.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB255936
- Location: Mississauga
- Market: Infrastructure
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Building & Construction
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Sunday, March 29, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching CAD/BIM Designer - Ontario
Confirmation sent to